Science teaching at Caythorpe Primary School offers our pupils the opportunity to:
- plan and carry out scientific investigations, using equipment, including computers, correctly
- know and understand the life processes of living things
- know and understand the physical processes of materials, electricity, light, sound and natural forces
- know about the nature of the solar system, including the earth
- be able to evaluate evidence and present their conclusions clearly and accurately.
At Caythorpe Primary School pupils are given the opportunity to develop their scientific understanding through exploration and investigation. Pupils are encouraged to hypothesise and predict; design and carry out investigations; interpret results and findings; draw inferences and communicate their ideas.
Contact Helen Hunt (Headteacher) if you require any further curriculum information.